Program Director, Gastroenterology Fellowship Program, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology,
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Dell Medical School, University of Texas Austin is seeking a dynamic and experienced physician to serve as Program Director and launch the Gastroenterology Fellowship Program.
Dell Medical School’s mission is to revolutionize how people get and stay healthy by:
Educating leaders who transform health care;
Evolving new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value;
Advancing innovation from discovery to outcomes;
Improving health in our community as a model for the nation; and
Redesigning the academic health environment to better serve society.
The Department of Internal Medicine is home to more than 200 faculty and staff across eleven specialty-specific divisions. The Department and its training programs are deeply invested in the mission of serving the health of this community and beyond. The Internal Medicine Residency Program began in 1972 and is currently home to 65 residents and four Chief Residents. The Program offers a Categorical Program, a Preliminary Internship in Medicine, a Distinction Track in Care Transformation, and a VA-based Primary Care Track. In 2019, the Department welcomed its first fellows in cardiovascular disease, and will welcome its first Palliative Care fellows in 2020, both ACGME-approved fellowship programs.
The Dell Medical School enrolled its first class of medical students in June of 2016. As part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities, the Dell Medical School is pursuing innovation in the re-design of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and inter-professional education.
Dell Medical School’s Department of Internal Medicine is seeking a Gastroenterology Fellowship Program Director, who, along with the Chief of Gastroenterology, Chair of Internal Medicine, and other Department leaders will help build the Gastroenterology Fellowship Training Program.
We are seeking a board-certified academic gastroenterologist to serve as Gastroenterology Fellowship Program Director. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of outstanding and innovative contributions to fellowship and residency training programs, including concrete contributions to clinical and endoscopic education as well as research mentorship. The successful candidate should also be familiar with ACGME accreditation policies and procedures.
Current GI fellowship program directors or associate program directors are preferred. The division will commit to providing sufficient protected time and financial support to fulfill responsibilities of program director.
- At least five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency or gastroenterology fellowship.
- Strong attention to detail and familiarity with ACGME policies and procedures.
- Vision to teach and encourage high-value care and academic activity.
- MD degree with Board Certification in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Unrestricted license (or ability to obtain within 90 days of appointment) to practice medicine in the State of Texas.
- An academic track record for appointment at the late Assistant Professor (or higher) rank
- Previous experience as a program director or associate program director in a gastroenterology fellowship
- Previous experience building educational or clinical programs
Interested applicants please submit letter of interest and updated CV to InternalMedicineDMS@austin.utexas.edu
For benefits information please refer to: https://www.utexas.edu/hr/prospective/benefits.html
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Health & Medicine Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Medicine Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Other Health & Medicine Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Surgery Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin