Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $54,900- $82,400
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Financial Analysis & Data Manager, School of Hospitality
Pay Grade: 17
School of Hospitality
Full Time Professional Staff
This position serves as a financial analysis and data manager for
the School of Hospitality ( SOH ). The Financial Analysis &
Data Manager is responsible for ensuring that the fiscal accounts
(operating, program fee, revenue generating, foundation, etc.) are
properly utilized in support of the mission of the SOH . This
position is also responsible for ensuring relevant data and
critical information are provided to make sound decisions promoting
the mission of the SOH . This position exists to work closely with
the Rita & Navin Department of Hotel Management Department
Chair and reports directly to the Dean of the SOH .
This position will also provide fiscal support to the SOH by
managing financial resources allocated to the school for
professional staff, support staff, supplies, travel, program fees,
revenue generation, capital outlay, and summer revenue. This
position guides all aspects of departmental finances, policy
analysis and review, collaboration on financial strategic planning,
and provides input into financial decision-making with regard to
program goals and priorities. This position is also responsible for
creating and maintaining a data management and information
management program and providing guidance and recommendation for
all SOH stakeholders’ decisions. The position also supervises
student workers and fields requests pertaining to office
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have
experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a
demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for
marginalized and under-represented groups.
Financial and Data Analysis: 50%
· Ensure SOH complies with university, local, state, and federal
standards and regulations for a variety of accounts (state,
revenue, program fees, foundation, grants, etc.).
· Formulate financial plans and develop proposals based on
research, data, policy, and program analysis for all SOH academic
programs, as well as for the revenue generating endeavors for the
· Facilitating the preparation of financial statements, financial
reports, special analyses, and information reports.
· Maintain communication with other managers as a way of ensuring
uniform fiscal procedures, policies, and systems.
· Identify key metrics and trends to assist in analysis and
planning. Produce budget information, reporting, and variance
analysis for departments. Perform financial analysis of programs or
· Analyze cost of service and program data; this includes,
staffing, organizational structure, and management practices.
Inform the Dean of the SOH on issues related to budgetary,
organizational, and programmatic policies from a strategic and
financial perspective that enhance efficiency and effectiveness
within the programs and revenue generating initiatives.
· Inform the Dean of the SOH of concerns or issues surrounding
· Collaborate with the Dean of the SOH and the appropriate
leadership team of the School to gather data for decision making.
Develop options and alternatives. Facilitate implementation of
agreed upon actions as requested.
· Ensure effective and transparent dissemination of financial
information as directed by the Dean of the SOH .
· Serve as the main point of contact with the university and
external entities for all fiscal activities.
· Monitor spending and ensuring all budgetary constraints are
considered before approving expenditures.
· Safeguard assets by implementing university policies and
procedures governing cash controls, inventory, and separation of
· Facilitate annual budget creation and development for the SOH and
submission to and coordination with the Budget Office in the
Finance and Administration Division. Formulates annual operating
budget using historical data and spending trends. Factors in
one-time requests for new projects and deletions from failed or
discontinued operations. Determines needed department financial
increases or decreases based on current analysis and historical
· Provide budget oversight for the SOH leadership team.
· Review purchase documents as requested.
· Assist departments/programs in preparing budgets based on goals,
current revenue, expenses, and past performance.
· Serves as a liaison to external parties for financial information
· Supervise monthly accounts payable activity, monitoring
procurement and expense accounts, and reporting financial
· Monitors billing activities, establishing billing and collections
policies and procedures to maximize collections and
· Develops, evaluates, and communicates the data and information
needs of the SOH, including report development, dashboard
development, data visualization, and examination of internal and
external data systems to inform the SOH and departmental decision
making in an agile and timely manner.
· Creates ad-hoc reports, analytics, and data visualizations to
inform SOH stakeholders and provide guidance and recommendation for
decisions in a timely manner.
· Monitors, forecasts, and processes all full time (Category I and
II) and part-time (Category III ) contracts, as well as any
fee-for-service contracts, providing accurate information, follow
up, and correction (when necessary) to the Office of Academic
Affairs and Human Resources within deadline requirements. Processes
and ensures accuracy of personnel action forms, FLAC, and
· Efficiently manages staffing pattern and monitors current CUPA
· Assist in day to day operations of the Dean’s office, including
hiring and supervision of student workers, organizing their tasks,
and coordinating front desk coverage (as needed), student
schedules, and funds.
· Serves on University and SOH committees as needed.
· Attend relevant conferences as appropriate, as well as engaging
in professional development/essential trainings.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience with budget management, fiscal oversight,
data analysis, preparing reports, and administrative support.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially with Excel and
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes (or
CVs) clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how
they meet all required qualifications.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the
- Three years’ experience with budget management, fiscal
oversight, data analysis, preparing reports, and administrative
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a
field of study related to the position description.
- Proficient in identifying needs, defining requirements, and
establishing clear outcomes for data analysis.
- Ability to work successfully within a culturally diverse
- Experiencing extracting, cleaning, combining, and analyzing
data to produce summative reports and/or data visualizations.
- Experience working in higher education, with knowledge of
student data analytics or fiscal management.
- Ability to work under pressure, against deadlines, and on
multiple, on-going projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Banner, BI Launchpad ( EDW ), Microsoft
- Experience in creating information dashboards.
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system,
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and our
prospective teammates are our highest priority. MSU Denver is
requiring all employees to be fully immunized with an approved
Covid-19 vaccination. As an institution, we are required to have
proof of vaccination or a request for an exemption on file for all
employees. Additionally, it is optional to wear a mask at all
institutions on campus.
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and