This position reports to the associate Vice President for
International Affairs and assists in implementing and overseeing a
broad range of complex international programs. This will include
providing analytical decision support through business analysis,
forecasts and reports; providing leadership and oversight for the
International Affairs finance and human resources team; leading
collaborative business model development for international programs
and regional international centers; and partnering with the
business team in Outreach and International Affairs and the
university to leverage innovative solutions into continuously
improving international practices.
This position will leverage proficiency in business technology,
human resources, and international finance to:
• Develop and prepare new analytical reports that add value in the
decision process in support of International Affairs management and
• Provide routine and ad hoc business analysis and reports to
inform senior management of the financial status and direction of
International Affairs and propose data driven solutions to
• Partner with CIRED, LCI, GEO, ISS, SCIS, and VT India and provide
oversight and problem-solving support for finance and human
resources across the International Affairs area.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to develop business models for
viable and sustainable international programs and regional
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key Virginia Tech
units and work with those units to develop operating procedures
applicable to evolving international operations.
• Review agreements and contracts for programmatic implications and
• Facilitate processes for managers and other members of the
International Affairs finance and human resources team.
• Pursue special projects as assigned by the Associate Vice
President for International Affairs.
• Proven ability to think innovatively, synthesize disparate data,
and find solutions to complex challenges.
• Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting and Information Systems,
or Business Administration and significant related
• Advanced accounting data and information synthesis skills with
experience applying those skills for financial planning and to
inform management decisions,
• Experience developing budgets and tracking expenses.
• Significant experience in organizational administration,
including HR management and oversight
• A good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
and Cost Principles for Educational Institutions.
• Demonstrated track record of cultural awareness and ability to
work with other cultures
• Experience in international work.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to travel for short-term international
• Significant experience with fund/cost accounting in a university
• Experience with donor-funded projects and non-profit institution
• Experience with VT accounting, sponsored programs, and HR
• Supervisory experience.
90,000 - 105,000
April 18, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim
(That I May Serve),
Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a
hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be
leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution
that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the
world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community
to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more
than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000
undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight
, a school of
, a veterinary
college, Graduate School
, and Honors College
. The university
has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus
in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in
Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices
. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech
conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or
applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including
pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, national origin, political affiliation, race,
religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise
discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about,
discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of
other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an
accommodation, please contact Holly Carroll at email@example.com
during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to
March 16, 2022