PT - Horticulturist
- St. Louis Community College
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 16, 2022
Title: PT - Horticulturist
Employee Classification: Part Time Classified/A/P
Performs all duties associated with maintenance, care, and development of Horticulture Program facilities, landscape, displays, and collections. Supports horticulture team in delivering an exceptional educational experience for horticulture students.
Primary Duties Performed:
• Perform a wide range of landscape/maintenance tasks important to the cultivation, preservation, protection, and transplanting of existing plants; including but not limited to planting and transplanting, pruning trees and shrubs, watering, mulching, mowing, trimming, grooming, raking, hoeing, digging, chipping brush, weeding, fertilizing, deadheading, and edging.
• General cleanup and equipment maintenance such as picking up trash and compost, removing refuse, tidying up tool and equipment storage areas, cleaning paths.
• Operate technical equipment and maintains general care of tools necessary for garden operations to include but not limited to; vehicles, tractors, cultivators, mechanical sprayers, and a variety of hand tools.
• Maintain tools and equipment (i.e., apply lubrication, sharpening, and general cleaning). Refer more serious problems to Horticulture Lead.
• Work in designated areas to oversee day-to-day responsibilities of landscape maintenance.
• Ensure that all tool storage areas and work areas are kept clean and orderly.
• May be responsible for assigned weekend watering rotation duties.
• Behaves and communicates in a manner that promotes and fosters a culture of teamwork and cooperation, with students, faculty, co-workers, supervisors/managers, volunteers, and visitors.
• Assist horticulture team with support for classes, special events, and educational programming.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. One (1) year of relevant full-time experience or current enrollment in the horticulture program with completion of HRT101.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert