- Overtime Opportunities
- Shift Differential
- NJ School Employee Health Program
- Attend Bergen tuition-free
- Tuition reimbursement toward bachelor’s degree
- Dependents attend Bergen with reduced tuition
- 9 paid holidays, 4 personal days, 13 vacation days, & 15
- Retirement Plan
- Trainings and Growth Opportunities
Bergen Community College is seeking HVAC Mechanics for the College.
HVAC Mechanics maintain and service all HVAC systems at all College
locations: Paramus, Lyndhurst, and Hackensack.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Operates, repairs and maintains HVAC equipment and controls
according to manufacturer’s specifications, i.e. valves, motors,
belts, bearings, filter, and lubrication. Includes the following:
BAS system operation, HVAC water pumps, water analysis and chemical
treatments, air compressors, pneumatic, electrical, digital and
mechanical controls, refrigeration, heating, cooling and
ventilating equipment; filters, condensers, cooling towers,
evaporators and heat exchangers. Works on HVAC rooftop units and
split units and chillers.
- Change filters, motors and belts
- Uses computer for the HVAC and heating systems.
- Learns locations of all HVAC equipment and how they relate to
- Escorts outside contractors/vendors for repairs and maintenance
of HVAC systems.
- Installs electric power, piping, controls and duct work to
replace, maintain or install new equipment.
- Maintains inventory and materials required.
- Follows sound safety procedures at all times.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent including
vocational or technical school education or a relevant
apprenticeship required. Must have or be willing to obtain a
Universal Certificate, Blue Seal License, and Certified Pool
Operator (CPO) certification.
High School or Vocational School education or an
appropriate apprenticeship in the HVAC field; knowledge and
experience operating, repairing and maintaining HVAC equipment and
controls according to manufacturer’s specifications, i.e. valves,
motors, belts, bearings, filter, and lubrication. Experience
working with outside contractors/vendors in repair and/or
maintenance of HVAC systems preferred.
Must have a valid Driver’s License
and the ability to drive in the State of New Jersey.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.; Must be
able to climb ladders and work in high places; Must be able to work
in non-airconditioned confined spaces which are hot or cold and be
able to work in all types of weather. Must wear protective
equipment as needed (i.e., eye glasses, gloves, hard hat,
All interested candidates should send a resume and three
professional references with current contact information.
Application materials will be accepted until positions are
Send materials by email with “HVAC Mechanic” in the
subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org