The Department of Anesthesiology is recruiting for a Certified
Registered Nurse Anesthetist at Texas Children's Hospital to
administer anesthesia to pediatric patients prior to surgical or
medical procedures, monitors pediatric patients' vital signs and
responds to emergency/code situations when warranted.
Provides specialized nursing service in administering anesthesia to
- Administers intravenous, spinal and other anesthetics prior to
surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of
anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Monitors patients' vital signs during and after the
adminsitration of anesthesia.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide
- Records anesthetic information and patient condition on a
- May supervise or provide direction to student nurse
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing and Master's Degree in
Required: Certification as a Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA)
from the National Board of Certification & Recertification for
Nurse Anesthetists and the Texas Board of Nursing.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.