ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY
STUDIES (HDFS) (PART-TIME)
Part-Time Instructor needed for our Human Development and Families
Studies (HDFS) program.
We are looking for a part-time instructor for the HDFS program for
students and current human services professionals seeking to
complete HDFS AA, AAS, or certificates. The coursework in this
program is specifically aligned to meet the Family Specialist state
credential through Gateways to Opportunities. The HDFS program
prepares students to work in a human services role and/or transfer
to a four-year program. The HDFS courses focus on human
development, family development, theoretical and practical
applications of human services.
The mission of the HDFS program is to provide an affordable,
accessible, and quality education that prepares students with the
educational and professional knowledge they need to become
credentialed to work in human services and/or transfer to a
four-year HDFS (or related) program of study.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students'
active participation in their own learning.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating
new technologies in the learning process, and the ability to
inspire, motivate, and empower students to succeed.
- Meet contractual expectations including posting syllabi on the
learning management system and submitting grades in accordance to
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a similar
- Experience teaching adults is preferred.
- Experience in a human services professional role
- Experience teaching using a learning management system
- Credential to teach online at CCC required by second semester
teaching in the program.
For consideration, all interested candidates, including current CCC
employees, must submit the following documents together in MS Word
or PDF format:
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- A cover letter specifying which discipline you are applying
- A copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae;
- A statement of your teaching philosophy;
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial
transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be
provided at time of interview.);
- Two letters of recommendation