Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting
institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning
which provides persons the opportunity to attain their educational
goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community,
and global needs.
The Educational Coordinator will work with the Lakeshore Fab Lab
Team to develop, deliver, and refine facilitated, educational
programs with home and K-12 schools. The successful candidate will
support, market, coordinate, and administer a wide range of STEM
educational activities for learners of all ages (through learning
labs, exhibit exploration guides, STEM camps, other programs, and
resources). This includes, face-to-face (and virtual) presentations
and workshops, workforce development programs, (e-learning
courses), and training opportunities for students, Fab Lab members,
community members, and businesses while maintaining working
knowledge of trends in STEM education along with local, state, and
This position is grant funded
Thursday/Friday 7:30AM-4PM, Saturday 10AM- 2PM
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Bachelor’s degree in education or closely related field,
preferred, or associate degree with classroom experience
- Ability to engage with a diverse student K-12 population
including a variety of ethnic, socioeconomic, and ability
- Knowledge of STEM curriculum.
- K-12 Teaching Certificate (current or expired) preferred.
- Knowledge of the Fab Lab and experience with advanced
technology and makerspace equipment (i.e., 3-D printers, lasers,
robotics, electronics, coding, etc.) or an interest to learn
- Highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of
integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the
- Ability to collaborate with co-workers and community
- Ability to problem solve in the moment.
- 1st Aid/CPR Certified preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication and
presentation skills, both written and oral, which transcend diverse
- Ability to work weekends and nights.
Physical, Mental, and Environment Requirements
- Development of STEM curriculum that connects to high
tech/applied tech industry relevant careers for K-12 tours and
- Collaboration with homeschool families to develop STEM lesson
plans and activities.
- Create displays for STEM activities and advanced technology
- Coordination with regional K-12 schools to schedule events and
field trips to the STEM Lab.
- Collaboration with regional partners to plan and execute a
variety of STEM related activities for K-12 aged students.
- Contributing to the team decisions on purchasing and
maintaining of STEM materials, equipment, and lab space.
- Assist in planning and/or overseeing of Lakeshore Fab Lab
events and classes.
- Maintain documentation for the Consumers Energy People
- On/Off-site events and presentations as required.
- Assist with the development of marketing, social media,
promotion, and print materials.
- Development and maintain social media platform.
- Recruiting, coordination and management of volunteers.
- Develop and host STEM- based camps for students of all
- Other duties as assigned.
☒ Student Contact
☒ Faculty Contact
☒ Deadline oriented
☒ Problem Situations
☒ Emergency Situations
☒ Multiple Priorities & Demands
☐ On-call Availability
☒ Continual Interruptions
☒ Working Alone
☒ Working with Others
☐ Standing & Walking
☐ Lifting up to 10 lbs. ☐ Up to 25 lbs. ☐ Up to 50 lbs. ☐ 80 +
☐ Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Bending
☐ Climb or Balance
☐ Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl ☐ Squatting
☐ Handle or Feel
☐ Reach with Hands and Arms
☒ Talking or hearing
☐ Working Overhead
☒ Speak in English via Phone or In Person
☒ Close, Distance, Peripheral, and Color Vision along with Depth
☒ Ability to Adjust and Focus
☐ Exposure to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat/cold;
and moderate to loud noise levels.
☒ Normal Office environment with little, if, any, discomfort due to
heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to all campus
Michigan, United States