Coppin State University’s Information Technology Division is
seeking a highly motivated, passionate, innovative individual to
fill the position of Jr. PHP Web Developer. Under the direction of
the Lead Digital Applications Developer, the Jr. PHP Web Developer
will play an integral role in supporting the design, development,
maintenance, and enhancement of the Coppin State University website
and web applications. The Jr. PHP Web Developer will collaborate
with University groups and web liaisons to build an excellent,
five-star web presence that supports the University’s
- Create and update standards compliant, responsive websites and
web pages while ensuring accessibility, usability, cross-browser
compatibility, and security.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create and enhance
- Track, gather, proofread, and process incoming content from
departmental liaisons while ensuring content is posted with
accuracy and uses correct tone, grammar, spelling, and style.
- Perform quality assurance testing and troubleshoot coding
- Create and maintain website features using HTML, CSS, PHP,
- Provide feedback and recommend design and technology changes to
improve website design and functionality.
- Train and provide support and documentation to content editors
on the website content management system.
- Perform other related duties as required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of web development experience in a professional
- Proficiency using the Drupal web content management
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Experience with Google Analytics is preferred
- Ability to quickly prioritize while managing multiple projects
and on-going requests.
- Creative thinking with attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and correct web-related problems.
- Self-starter with ability to dive in with minimal
- Excellent skills in documentation and verbal/written
- Able to communicate with both non-technical users and team
members in a professional and courteous manner.
Being a member of Coppin’s Information Technology Division offers
an innovative work environment, opportunity for a hybrid work
setting (some days telework and some days on-campus), professional
growth, and the chance to complete training in your field. Further,
this position offers a host of
including: annual, holiday, personal and sick leave;
tuition remission and reimbursement
; and more. If you feel
this would be a good fit, apply today!
Conditions of Employment
Position Detail Information
Position Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID -19 vaccination is required prior to start of work at Coppin
State University. Medical and religious exemption requests are
accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.