The Wise Law Library is looking for a dynamic individual to engage
with students and other patrons, promoting library services, and
enriching the student experience. To help achieve this objective,
the law library is seeking a librarian with a background in
outreach to join our team and bring a fresh perspective to student
services. In this position, the librarian will collaborate with
librarians and law school members to promote and enhance the
library’s reputation. The librarian will also participate in
instruction, reference, and collection development. The William A.
Wise Law Library is a collaborative and innovative library and is
committed to empowering creativity and initiative. This is a
non-tenure track position at the instructor rank and serves on law
school committees. It reports to the Associate Director & Head
of Public Services. This is an entry-level to mid-level position
(0-5 years' experience).
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Law School’s William A. Wise Law Library
is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and creative librarian to
fill the position of Student Services and Outreach Librarian to
provide outreach, teaching, research and reference services for
21st century learners, educators, and scholars. The Law Library is
a state-of-the-art modern library housing the largest collection of
legal materials in the Rocky Mountain region. The Law Library
supports the vision of the law school: A supportive and diverse
community of scholars and students in a place that inspires
vigorous pursuit of ideas, critical analysis, and civic engagement
in order to advance the rule of law in an open, sustainable
society. Please visit the law school’s website
(www.colorado.edu/law) for more information about the University of
Colorado Law School and Boulder, Colorado.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Work collaboratively with library staff to develop and
coordinate library marketing and outreach efforts for in person and
virtual events, exhibits, brochures.
- Take the lead role in managing and developing the library’s
social media presence.
- Provide extensive reference and research service to the Law
School, university, and Colorado legal communities, including
serving at the physical and virtual reference desks and developing
- Teach the first-year legal research course and various other
research courses, as requested.
- Maintain awareness of new library resources and promote their
- Design and implement assessments of student satisfaction with
the library and solicit suggestions for improvements in
- Develop and organize library workshops and instructional
sessions in real and virtual environments.
- Serve as contact person for clinics and law journals, providing
training in library services and collections, and legal research
- Participate in library’s collection development, including
developing subject specializations in assigned areas of law.
- Participate in library planning committees and task forces and
engages in campus, regional, and national professional
organizations and collaborative activities, and actively
participate in professional organizations.
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination
or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$100,000 per
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be ambitious. Be game-changing. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an accredited
- J.D. from an accredited institution, or J.D. equivalent.
- Experience using print and online legal resources to provide
research and reference services.
- Experience making presentations in a classroom or other
- A demonstrated interest in and aptitude for social media,
marketing, and outreach.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving
skills; creativity; flexibility and ability to work collaboratively
as a member of a team.
- Experience providing research instruction.
- Experience working in a law library.
- Experience using social media for outreach or marketing.
- Digital or graphic design experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly
describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific
interest in this position (maximum 2 pages).
- List of contact information for 3 professional references
(name, title, professional relationship, email) who may be
contacted on your behalf for a professional reference. You don’t
need to include letters of recommendation with your initial
application. If you are selected as a finalist for this role, the
search committee will request 3 letters of recommendation at a
For full consideration, candidates should apply by April 8, 2022
although we recommend that you submit your materials as soon as
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Posting Contact Email: