Lead Systems and Network Analyst
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 4, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other
- Employment Type
- Full Time
**This position resides in Moss Landing, CA.**
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, College Support, the Lead Systems and Network Analyst is responsible for the modification, analysis, and maintenance of MLML computer systems, networks, storage, and related software ensuring the availability, integrity and reliability of these systems.
The Lead Systems and Network Analyst works on complex problems and work assignments, many of which are unique to the MLML campus. The incumbent must possess an advanced comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialties of academic programs, and must be proactive and understand problems from broad interactive perspectives and be able to develop solutions that combine information and ideas in new and innovative ways.
The Lead Systems and Network Analyst will develop, implement, and maintain information security mechanisms and policies to protect MLML resources, the University, and wide-area network from incidents originating within the MLML network and connected systems.
- Plan systems and IT services for the MLML community under direction of the IT Support Manager.
- Work with networking, security, identity and desktop IT support groups to provide IT services at MLML.
- Identify and develop plans to improve IT services provided to MLML that reduce impact on resources while maintaining a high level of service.
- Train internal staff on technical procedures and customer service techniques.
- Support and maintain servers and services to provide a variety of instructional and research needs of the departments, school and centers at MLML.
- Support wired and wireless networks for academics, administration, and research.
- Administer MLML’s hybrid-cloud virtual server infrastructure, including on-prem and cloud-based hypervisors, storage, networking, and VM backup systems.
- Serve as the expert for desktop, laptop and tablet systems and applications.
- Provide professional customer support to faculty, staff, researchers and students at MLML.
- Administer software licensing and support for academics, administration and research.
- Utilize scripts to automate configuration of systems, maintenance and generating of reports.
- Utilize remote management systems for installation, configuration, reporting and maintenance of operating systems and applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary information technology in support of applied marine science in a specialized academic environment
- Extensive knowledge in systems administration, networking, and support of macOS, Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of CRM or ticketing systems (i.e. iSupport) to track tasks and manage projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of datacenter operations and maintenance including servers, switches, routers, firewalls, NAS arrays, UPS units, and power distribution systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of server virtualization hardware and software infrastructures including hypervisors, compute, storage, networking, backup, and replication.
- Experience with utilizing remote management systems (i.e. BigFix, Jamf, SCCM or InTune to manage and support platforms
- Ability to write scripts to streamline processes, procedures, configurations and reporting with systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of the configuration, customization, and administration of web applications
- In-depth understanding of wired and wireless network hardware and software configuration
- Knowledge of system management and security/control procedures
- Demonstrated ability to train non-technical users on applications and hardware
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent technical training and/or experience
- Five years of operating systems experience
- Five to ten years’ experience providing customer service support
- Experience supporting Windows, Linux and macOS operating systems
- Experience using BigFix, Jamf or equivalent remote management systems
- Experience with server and endpoint integrations and authentication
- Experience using CRM or ticketing systems
Classification: Operating Systems Analyst - Expert
CSU Hiring Range: $6,249/month - $12,100/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: March 04, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert