This position is responsible for the daily operation of the Office
of the Dean of Pharmacy.
Essential functions will include:
- Screens calls and routes to proper office, arranges
appointments and committee meetings, processes correspondence,
prepares memos and letters for the Dean and Associate/Assistant
- Greets all visitors in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinates all School of Pharmacy events as designated by the
- Updates and maintains student records, information, statistics
and confidential files.
- Maintains all budget(s) and processes check requests for the
Office of the Dean.
- Maintains and updates files for all School committees and/or
task forces and Office of the Dean.
- Takes minutes for meetings as needed.
- Works with the Dean, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean and faculty
committees and on special projects.
- Acts as a School-wide resource person.
- Effectively and efficiently manages day to day office
- Manages student interactions with the Office of the Dean.
- Work effectively with other School administrative assistant
staff to complete assigned tasks, when applicable, and to ensure
efficient operation of the Office of the Dean.
- Manages communication with the Deans Advisory Council and
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be
assigned or required
All applicants must submit:
- Knowledge: Associates degree required. Bachelors degree
or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: At least three years office
management/administrative assistant experience required. Experience
in higher education preferred.
- Skills/Aptitude: Excellent written & verbal
communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, word
processing, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
simultaneously, problem solve, maintain confidentiality and work
effectively as a team member. Attention to detail, accuracy and
timely completion of assignments are essential. Must be proficient
with general office equipment, Microsoft office and database
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some
overtime may be required. Attendance at School functions outside of
normal business hours may be required
- Level: Functions independently to carry out job
functions and additional responsibilities as assigned by the Dean,
Associate Dean and/or Assistant Dean.
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering
equal access to its educational programs and activities or with
respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of
Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles
Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources
at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland
University is an EEO/AA employer.