SBUSACAD- College of Business Undergraduate Advising
- Assists students with pre-registration and confirm students are
finishing required tasks associated with continuous enrollment,
answer questions based on the Bulletin, and connect students with
available campus resources and services.
- Supports with onboarding and orientation for new and transfer
students, including scheduling appointments prior to orientation,
university policies and requirements, connecting with advisor
- Manages the front office to include aesthetics, supplies and
student service while also being nurturing to students and
attentive to needs of advisors and staff in the office.
- Updates and coordinates the graduation list, and preparation
for graduation ceremony.
- Assists advisors with tracking and coordinating the progression
of students through the 2+3 program.
- Gives class presentations to promote advising appointments,
explain the graduation ceremony and the Business Assessment test.
Assist with proctoring the Business Assessment Test.
- Updates the undergraduate business section of the UMSL
Bulletin, which includes verifying changes with Senate Committee
Meeting notes. Assist as the secretary for the Undergraduate
Studies Committee. Contacts students regarding rulings made by the
Undergraduate Studies Committee.
- Assists with the coordination of the advisor evaluation
- Hires and supervises graduate assistants who provide office
support, including advising. Trains them to assist in creating a
welcoming atmosphere for visitors to the undergraduate business
- Leads communicator for the process of contacting students who
are on probation, once suspended – continued on probation, and have
other academic issues.
- Manages special projects and assist with student events such as
College of Business Expo, major and minor fair, and other student
- Maintains accurate records related to student and program data
8 am to 5 pm
The University of Missouri - St. Louis offers benefit-eligible
employees a wide variety of benefits including: health, dental and
vision coverage effective on the first day of employment,
retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance for employees and
their dependents and employee and dependent life insurance. For
more information about our benefits, please visit:
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America.
English Version EEO is the Law Spanish Version EEO is the Law Chinese Version