Assistant Professor Veterinary Science Technology
Commensurate with credentials and experience
Description of Duties
The State University of New York (SUNY) College at Canton
Veterinary Science Department invites qualified applicants for a
full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor (other ranks
considered) position beginning August 2021. The Veterinary Science
Department offers degree programs conferring A.A.S., B.S, and
- Teach face-to-face lecture and hands-on labs, and possibly
online and flex classes, in large animal medicine and surgery,
clinical veterinary laboratory courses and other courses in the
veterinary technology curriculum .
- Perform canine and feline spays and castrations.
- Oversight of the use of controlled substances in the program
(DEA and NYS DOH BNE).
- Student advisement; curriculum development and revision;
participate in student and program assessment; scholarship;
continuing growth; university service.
- DVM, VMD or equivalent (candidates for Lecturer rank must have
at least an LVT and a master’s degree).
- At least one year of experience in a food animal, equine, or
mixed animal practice.
- Current New York State license to practice veterinary medicine.
Ability to perform small animal surgeries, mainly canine and feline
spays and castrations.
- Prior college level teaching experience
- At least 3 years of practice experience with food animal and
equine practice. Small animal practice experience.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will
be required to submit to a background check including, but not
limited to, employment verification, educational and other
credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is
filled. Anticipated start date of August 2022, but a January 2022
appointment may be considered.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an
affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is
building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly
encourages applications from minority and women