Research Technician I
The applicant will be responsible for tracing neurons from electron microscopy data using a graphical interface, and visually matching neurons between recordings. The applicant will also be responsible for helping to train and coordinate other part-time neuron tracers, assigning neurons to be traced and resolving conflicts between tracers. Patience, good communication skills, ability to focus for long periods of time, and attention to detail are required, but applicants need not have any prior experience, neuroscience knowledge, or advanced computing skills. We will train on all aspects of the work.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Selects, evaluates and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Required: Associate's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Required: One year of relevant experience.
- None required.
- Experience in cellular electrophysiology or RNA-sequencing.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston