Adjunct Instructor and Support Staff - STARS Summer Bridge Program
- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 25, 2022
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. Candidates will have a demonstrable record of excellent academic instruction and effective student engagement. The Adjunct Instructor and Support Staff will deliver course content for First Year Experience assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and/or as directed by the appropriate Dean. This temporary adjunct position is responsible for teaching classes and providing additional support as a part of the STARS Summer Bridge Program for the First Year Experience.
Consistently demonstrate the ability to create innovative opportunities to foster student’s growth and development.
- To teach one General Education course during the Summer B term of the summer semester, as defined in the Faculty Handbook, according to the official schedule, using an approved syllabus, which conforms with University requirements. Courses include but are not limited to Introduction to Public Speaking, Introduction to Computers, Introduction to Religion, Introduction to Psychology, African American History I or II, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, or Theater Appreciation.
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual consultation.
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Faculty must develop curricula and must attend all adjunct faculty meetings and orientation.
- To keep students informed about their progress through the prompt grading and returning of assignments.
- To maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance.
- To assess student learning outcomes which conform with University requirements, and to document the use of the results of the assessment to improve student learning.
- To collect and submit data for assessment every semester, and to meet with area faculty, as prescribed by the dean/chair, in the preparation of the assessment reports.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
- Demonstrated confirmation of teaching effectiveness, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and evidence of, and/or potential for scholarships.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; highly organized and able to lead effective meetings.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information, protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and procedures.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Master’s degree with at least 18 credit hours in the
appropriate subject area of the course, and instructional
experience in higher education environment.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems. A thorough understanding of technology, learning management systems, and computer applications is essential (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, LinkedIn Learning, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Familiar with Jenzabar technology suite for higher education.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert