Job Vacancy Announcement
Coordinator, Student Financial Aid
Student Financial Aid
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$51,851 - $57,036/Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing financial aid guidance and assistance to
students and parents in obtaining federal, state, institutional and
private student aid funding. Responsible for performing federal
verification, reviewing professional judgement requests, conducting
presentations, and facilitating problem solving with students and
parents. Provide leadership and program management for an area of
specialization including but not limited to: student loans, federal
work-study, institutional and state scholarships, systems support,
external programs, default management and prevention, and/or
student outreach while ensuring compliance with federal regulations
and safeguarding the institutions eligibility to participate in
Title IV Programs. Interact with federal and state agencies, high
schools, and post-secondary institutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year) or equivalent formal training in related
- Three years of related experience working in the financial
elite field and working with diverse populations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the federal guidelines, rules and regulation
- Some knowledge of Colleague software, COD software and
Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have the ability to communicate orally and verbally
- Detail oriented and able to work with a minimum of
- Effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position:
- Provides general financial aid information in keeping with
federal and state regulations, applications requirements, and
office processes and procedures.
- Answers questions and provides assistance to students, parents,
and to the public visiting the Student Financial Aid Office.
- Assists student with completing financial aid applications
- Completes federal verification of student files
- Provide optimal customer service as defined by our office
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries.
- Manage all aspects of designated program
- Conducts in person and virtual financial aid workshops
- Attends training sessions to enhance and maintain currency with
federal and state regulations
- Performs related work as required.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. No significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be able to work Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have three years of related experience working in the
financial elite field and working with diverse populations?
- * Please be advised that as required by the 1986 Immigration
Act, candidates must be prepared to present acceptable
documentation showing identity and that you are a U.S. Citizen or
an alien who is authorized to work. It is the college's policy that
PGCC does not provide sponsorship for prospective employees. Will
you require sponsorship to work in the United States?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1