Director, Business Intelligence
- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 22, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Technology Administration/Other, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Director, Business Intelligence
Job Description Summary:
The Director of Business Intelligence (BI) is responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of Business Intelligence Analytics, Data Warehousing, Enterprise Integration, and Data Governance.
The Director is responsible for the overall implementation of the strategic roadmap for BI areas along with tactical day to day support, maintenance, and fulfilling business requests. The Director is responsible for providing guidance and direction utilizing best practices and methodologies.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises, trains, coaches, directs, coordinates, and disciplines personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws.
- Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions supervised.
- Assists in developing the Strategic Roadmap for BI and Advanced Analytics.
- Executes the roadmap and strategic vision for BI as agreed upon by the Associate Vice President of BI and the VP, Information Technology.
- Establishes processes to meet the requirements of the strategic vision for BI including methodologies, practices, and Service Level Agreements.
- Supervises Managers and teams of Data Governance, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Integration, and Data Warehousing.
- Sets high level priorities and direction for multiple teams.
- Creates synergy among the groups and with IT and any external BI Teams.
- Communicates and presents to College leadership the capabilities, vision, direction, and strategy of Business Intelligence.
- Determines annual requirements for; Software, Licensing, Training, Renewals, Maintenance, Staffing, and Projects.
- Presents leadership with current status of initiatives and progress.
- Provides extensive knowledge and expertise in the practices of BI Analytics, Enterprise Integration, Data Governance, and Data Warehousing/modeling.
- Provides high level costs/analysis on complex requirements and provides recommendations.
- Aligns with Enterprise Architecture to ensure BI strategy and vision is consistent with the overall strategy and vision for IT.
- Ensures solutions provided perform, highly available, robust, efficient, and are effective.
- Ensures success of BI team in the implementation of Workday ERP system including Data Conversions, Reporting, and Integrations.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- High level of knowledge and competency in current BI software tools at ACC. Including Informatica, * Domo, SQL Server, and Workday.
- High level of knowledge and competency in overall data management.
- Knowledge of the principles of business intelligence and data analytics.
- Knowledge of the principles of enterprise integration and data hubs.
- Knowledge of data modeling, cloud storage, big data, and logical data warehousing.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Creating roadmaps, high level plans, Gantt charts, and strategy documents.
- Ability to execute an follow strategy and vision precisely.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use query and control languages, program, create complex reports, work with reporting software tools, deal with database management systems, and provide technical support.
- Five years related work experience and three year supervisory experience.
- Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Series Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for this position.
- Ten y ears related work experience in Business Intelligence.
- Ten years related work experience in Data Warehousing.
- Ten years related work experience in Data Architecture/Modeling.
- Five years related work experience in Data Governance.
- Five years related work experience in Enterprise Integration with leading integration platforms such as Informatica, Datastage, Mulesoft, SSIS, etc.
- Five years of experience with at least 2 Leading Business Intelligence platforms such as Domo, Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, or Oracle OBIE, or Business Objects.
- Five years related work experience with Entrinsik Informer, Crystal Reports, SAS, and/or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Accustomed to fast-paced environments with simultaneous, high-priority tasks.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for travel in the Austin area as required.
- Data Governance Experience.
- Informatica IICS Experience.
- Enterprise Information Management Experience (EIM).
- DMBOK Experience.
- Experience with Dimensional Modeling
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
Reports to Associate Vice Chancellor, Solutions Delivery & BI
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
April 30, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert