Adjunct Faculty - College of Nursing AR9847
- Xavier University
- Ohio, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 21, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Health & Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Xavier University College of Nursing has regular openings for adjunct instructors to teach part-time in clinical, lab, and/or simulation settings for pre-licensure programs; also for online and face-to-face didactic courses in the ABSN and MSN programs. Adjuncts’ responsibilities vary by course assignment. The adjunct clinical/ lab instructor is responsible for planning the student’s clinical experience at the direction of the faculty member, support appropriate to the clinical situation, and contribute to the evaluation the student’s performance. Clinical instructors will supervise, teach, and evaluate up to 8 students in the clinical settings as well as guide students through simulation experiences based on course objectives and student learning needs.. Lab instructors will participate in set-up, instruction, and evaluation of students in the lab setting. Didactic instructors are responsible for implementing the course syllabus as developed by the School, facilitates learning opportunities for students, and evaluates the students’ achievement and progress in course objectives or outcomes.
Qualifications for Adjunct Faculty: (According to Ohio Administrative Code 4723-5-10)
- Completed an approved registered nursing education program
- Have at least two years of experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing and a graduate degree; or a second degree direct entry masters in nursing degree
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in Ohio and in state of practicum setting, if applicable.
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert