Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville
University actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts
in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty
are an integral part of the University’s learning community.
The John E. Simon School of Business is accepting applications for
an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to
teach a Principles of Finance course during the Fall 2022 semester.
The course will be conducted face-to-face on our main campus and
scheduled during regular business hours. Applicants would need to
have reliable transportation as well as the flexibility to teach
during the daytime.
FIN-312 Principles of Finance
Description: Students examine basic financial management of
business firms: a) procurement, b) allocation and c) control of
funds; corporate financial behavior; financial instruments and
markets; and the analysis and interpretation of investment and
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
· Must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse
· Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course
· Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the
University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
· Prepare essential lesson plans and assignments. Develop course
· Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes,
teaching methodology, assignments and deadlines, using available
technology with Canvas.
· Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively
deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world
applications of concepts covered.
· Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class
assignments, group projects, etc.
· Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough
· Establish times outside of class to assist students with
additional questions and concerns.
· Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in
· Additional duties, as assigned, will vary based on course(s)
· Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration (MBA) or
related field from a regionally accredited institution.
· Relevant certifications pertaining to the finance field (e.g.,
· Willingness and ability to learn new academic technology and
engaged pedagogy to facilitate student learning.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Finance or related
field from a regionally accredited institution.
· Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants would need to have reliable transportation as well as
the flexibility to teach during the daytime on our main
While the School of Business is searching for a qualified applicant
to teach the specified course during the Fall 2022 semester, the
department is also using this posting to build a qualified pool of
instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: February 16, 2022