Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered
educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands
and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and
conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning
opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as
radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Part time EMS Skills Instructors work with Faculty/Instructors to
provide students with hands-on experience in a controlled
laboratory environment. Assists Faculty/Instructors in providing
learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement
of course objectives. Primary responsibility is to assist in
teaching course material within the curriculum in a manner that
facilitates student learning.
Skills Instructors are hired on an as-needed basis, and may not
work more than 19 hours per week. Schedule may include days or
evenings with occasional weekends as assigned, depending on the
needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mentors and teaches EMSP students while in the clinical
- Acts as a liaison between the clinical site's staff and the
- Notifies the EMSP Director of incidents in the clinical
- Provides regular reports of student progress
- Acts as an ambassador of the EMSP program with the clinical
site and students
- Compiles paperwork as deemed necessary by the EMSP program to
include time sheets, evaluation of clinical sites, program
evaluations, and evaluations of the students
- May also perform duties of classroom and laboratory skills
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as
- Broad knowledge of EMS sciences, successfully handling of
- Must be able to perform and demonstrate all skills required to
pass the EMS National Registry examination
- Ability to mentor students in the lab setting
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS :
- Position requires frequent lifting of equipment – may include
above the head; ability to lift and carry 100 pounds;
- Position requires frequent standing for long periods of
- Physical abilities to carry out duties as an EMS professional
- having a concept of time and being able to record seconds,
minutes, and hours from a watch or clock;
- reading, writing, conversing, and comprehending in fluent
- listening to an individual speak through a radio and be able to
respond in an audible and intelligible manner;
- listening through a stethoscope for breath sounds and blood
- walking and working in small spaces, various weather
conditions, and various physical environments;
- having the tactile and visual ability sufficient for physical
- manipulating and handling equipment such as a stretcher from
floor to a height of 80 inches.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
office equipment as well as all equipment generally used in EMS
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- Work schedule varies and includes evenings and weekends
- Two years of EMS experience as a paramedic
- Current Texas State paramedic certification/license
- Current CPR certification must include adult, child and infant
CPR and obstructed airway for each age group; certification
required within 90 days of starting
Hourly Pay Rate is $25.61 .
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions
are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts
for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name
to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.