Adjunct Faculty, Natural Science, Midland, MI
Northwood University seeks a qualified individual with a proven
record of undergraduate-level teaching and strong interpersonal
skills to teach environmental science, sustainability, ecology,
science and technology, and climate change courses for the Midland,
Michigan campus. The candidate can ideally teach daytime classes,
though evening or online classes may be available.
Northwood University offers Bachelor of Business Administration
(BBA) and Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees and requires all
students to complete a course in Natural Science. The need for
adjunct faculty is based on student enrollment and varies by
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy known as the
“Northwood Idea.” Applicants should learn about Northwood
University’s unique philosophy, mission and outcomes at: https://www.northwood.edu/about
• Master’s or doctoral degree in Environmental Science, Earth
Science, Ecology, or Biology from a regionally-accredited
institution; or a master's degree in a closely-related discipline
with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Environmental
Science, Earth Science, Ecology, or Biology.
• Experience teaching undergraduate courses in discipline or
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide and diverse range of
students and colleagues.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills in a variety
of delivery formats, especially the format of the class you may be
assigned to teach.
• Experience teaching both face-to-face and online undergraduate