Reporting to the Project Manager & Special Assistant to the
Dean, the Executive Assistant provides key administrative support
to the Dean of Arts & Humanities and assists in the mission of
the Division of Arts & Humanities.
Auto req ID
403035 Executive Assistant
USA - MA - Cambridge
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Three or more years of administrative experience required.
Experience working in higher education or research
Additional Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and be
flexible with shifting needs and priorities as they arise.
· Proficiency using a variety of computer software and systems,
including especially Microsoft Office/Outlook.
· Familiarity with Harvard systems beneficial.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Outstanding ability to prioritize and follow-through on given
tasks and in the coordination and maintenance of assigned
· Demonstrated service orientation; ability to exhibit sound
judgment and maintain confidentiality in given areas of
When applying for this position please submit a cover letter.
All formal written offers will be made by FAS Human
Arts and Humanities Division
· Manage the Dean’s calendar, including scheduling individual
appointments and committee meetings; booking rooms, media
equipment, and catering as necessary. Brief Dean on daily
appointments and ensure access to meeting materials. Review
calendar weekly with the Dean to confirm logistics and
· Process the Division’s RoomBook scheduling requests for the
Thompson Room in Barker Center and the classrooms at 2 Arrow
· Provide course support for certain HUMAN courses, including
entering course information into my.harvard, processing TF hires,
coordinating with OUE to allocate sections, ordering course books,
working with Registrar to book course rooms.
· Support the administration of the Intergenerational Humanities
(I-HUM) Project, including updating the Project website, developing
social media channels, and assisting with event planning as
· Assist the Project Manager in updating and maintaining content on
the two Divisional websites
· Process financial reimbursements and corporate card payments via
Concur and Buy2Pay
· Make travel arrangements for the Dean, as needed
· Keep track of requests for letters of recommendation from the
Dean’s graduate students, including tracking deadlines in a
spreadsheet and in the Dean’s calendar, providing reminders,
communicating with the students, and providing application
assistance as needed.
· Assist the office with special events and projects as needed,
such as editing, correspondence, and event support
· Contribute to the Dean’s office goals by accomplishing related
duties as required
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19
vaccine boosters, as detailed in
Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements
. Individuals may
claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or
religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s
COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of
vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19
Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and
belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and
fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to
create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of
talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing
individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities,
life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.