The Department of Chemistry in the College of Humanities and
Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University is recruiting a pool
of adjunct faculty for the Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 course
sections. This pool will be utilized on an as-needed basis. Your
application will remain active for a year; you may resubmit your
application for the subsequent years. Also, Per VCU guidance, our
classes will be in-person for the Spring semester and moving
forward. However, should anther spike in COVID cases arise, we will
revert back to virtual classes for the safety and well being of our
faculty, staff, students and families. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. Position duties include:
- Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
- Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on
- Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
- Submit final grades according to College/Department
- Responsibilities: Teaching Lecture, Recitation and /or
- Terminal degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working or fostering a diverse working
Salary Range: $1,200 per credit hour
Department: Department of Chemistry
- Demonstrated experience teaching Chemistry.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field
- Previous experience teaching Chemistry courses at VCU.
Employment Type: AJ - Adjunct
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Contact Name: Edith Allin
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 804-828-0216