Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened
its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the
only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology,
Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional
academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in
technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the
opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the
most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing
lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from
other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to
higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals
within a traditional university department structure, while giving
them opportunities to apply their learning through research and
projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security,
Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University
partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members
are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement,
problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and
research through start-ups and small businesses are
Director, Career Services
Job Description Summary
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science,
technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional
candidates to serve as the Director of Career Services.
The Director of Career Servicers directs career development and
internship services for students and alumni. Responsible for the
development of career education on campus, the internship education
program, supports employer relations and campus leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Develop and direct a comprehensive career and employment
development program for Florida Poly students and alumni;
- Develop and sustain relationships with employer, academic, and
student communities to maximize internship and career
- Provide instruction in select courses, including first year
mandatory career education;
- Organize and track student employment, certifications and
- Develops a data-driven approach to career planning and
- Creation and coordination of career events and related
programming, including planning, marketing, venue set up/break
down, logistics and assessment;
- Work directly with Advancement, students, department chairs,
faculty and alumni to expand internship/job opportunities for
- Manage evaluation and assessment process, including creation
and update of survey instruments, compile data and initial
analyses, and apply results to future career experience related
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in a combination of university services
or other demonstrated career-focused leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with companies and groups to
develop talent pipelines.
- Knowledge and capabilities necessary include career counseling
techniques, knowledge of job trends and career development skills,
effective public relations and networking abilities, and excellent
verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of the principles of college student
development and the policies and structure of a typical four-year,
public university is preferred.
- Dependability, creativity, good judgment, professionalism, and
dedication to sound principles of student development are paramount
among necessary characteristics for this position.
- Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles
that include evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to work with data and develop analytics
that demonstrate student success in career, entrepreneurship and
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to effectively
interface with employers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate collaboration
with internal university departments.
- Master's degree in a discipline directly related to staffing,
employment, career development and planning, or human
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- In addition to minimum qualifications above, a minimum of 5
years demonstrated experience in a combination of university
services or other demonstrated career-focused leadership
- Demonstrated experience with statistical reports and
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may
include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy
This position is salary exempt. The
normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.,
however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be
TARGET HIRING SALARY
: $71,980 - $76,500, commensurate with
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE
: The position is open until
filled, however review of applications will commence
: In addition to completing the online
application, all Applicants are required
to upload the
following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF
• Cover Letter
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access
institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide
equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to
all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for
admission, students, and others affiliated with the University)
without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex,
religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be
sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before
continuing through the application.
Once your application
has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional
attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during
the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the
official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States
require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript
evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an
accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached
with the application and submitted by the application
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of
the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include
a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute