Job Vacancy Announcement
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Director of Procurement who will manage the daily operations, to
include assignment of work to effectively meet ever-changing
demand, of the College’s Office of Procurement and Contracting. The
administrator in this position is expected to be proficient in the
College’s established “Leadership Competencies.” The administrator
will establish short and long range goals and priorities for the
Office, review incoming purchase requests and determine methods of
processing consistent with state law and college code.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or
related field required.
- Minimum of four years procurement experience required, to
include relevant experience with RFP proposals and contract
- Minimum of four years relevant supervisory experience is
required. Prior procurement experience in a higher educational
setting is preferred.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Professional
in Supply Management ( CPSM ), Certified Public Purchasing Officer
( CPPO ), Certified Public Purchasing Buyer ( CPPB ), Accredited
Purchasing Practitioner (A.P.P.), or Certified Purchasing Card
Professional ( CPCP ) certification is preferred.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Please ensure that your application and attached documents
address the criteria listed below:
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern procurement methods,
principles and techniques.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with federal acquisition regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to define specifications in general terms
for commodities and services.
- Ability to maintain good public relations for the Office of
Procurement and Contracting interactions with the campus community,
vendors, and other external agencies and entities.
- Skilled in the understanding of the type of supplies, equipment
and services relating to an educational institution.
- Considerable knowledge of business law, county, state and
federal laws related to the procurement function.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail is
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30
p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A fingerprint supported background investigation will be
conducted prior to offer of employment.
- A signed authorization for release of personal information will
be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
; you will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
First consideration will be given to candidates whose applications
are complete by February 25, 2022,
although we will accept
applications until the position is filled.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have at least three years of related experience? See
minimum qualifications for this position. A combination of relevant
higher education and experience may be substituted.
- * Do you possess one or more of the following certifications?
Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) Certified Professional in
Supply Management (CPSM) Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO)
Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB) Accredited Purchasing
Practitioner (A.P.P.) or Certified Purchasing Card Professional
(CPCP) certification Please list the names of your current
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your experience referenced in the previous
question. Do not enter 'See Resume'
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type