About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida, and
Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace, and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is
hiring a Flight Training Manager to support the Flight Department.
Embry-Riddle's Prescott Campus is respected worldwide for
cutting-edge instruction and training for tomorrow’s aviation,
aerospace, security and intelligence leaders. Prescott is a
mile-high city and its climate reflects seasonable weather
excellent for flying. Daytime averages are 80°F in the summer and
45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above sea level, it boasts a mild
climate, clean air, pristine wilderness areas, and nearby national
forests. The university is a small, private, residential university
in the mountains of Arizona with approximately 3,500 students.
Staff/faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central
theme of our campus. It is located 100 miles north of Phoenix and
120 miles south of the Grand Canyon.
- Provide overall management for approximately 20 instructors and
150 to 200 flight students. Responsible for overall training
quality and providing excellent student service.
- Ensure proper conduct and enforcement of effective training and
safety standards, regulations, and procedures as established.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with current University and FAA
policies and procedures.
- Assist, counsel, and resolve problems and, as needed, make
recommendations for disciplinary action of all students and
instructors designated to your supervision.
- Attend weekly Flight Training Manager meetings with Chief
- Attend weekly Staff meetings with Department Chair.
- Prepare for and attend daily Student Progress Briefings with
Chief Flight Instructor and Department Chair.
- Prepare for and conduct monthly Team meetings with assigned
- Review and adjust as needed the daily instructor schedule.
- Ensure maximum utilization of instructor, aircraft, and flight
training device resources.
- Ensure assigned students are scheduled to meet their required
- Verify student eligibility at the beginning of each assigned
ground school section.
- Meet with Students/Family regarding training progress.
- Participate in New Hire instructor hiring process as requested
by Chief Flight Instructor.
- Conduct stage checks and end-of-course tests as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chief Flight Instructor.
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 4% of employee contributions
- Two BC/BS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library,
mailroom and enjoy observation flights
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must hold a Commercial Pilot Certificate and a Flight
Instructor Certificate with Airplane Single-Engine Land and
Instrument Airplane privileges.
- Must hold at least a 2nd class medical certificate.
- Meet the minimum requirements for Assistant Chief under 14 CFR
part 141. (Preferred)
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems
and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Access,
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user