Assignments will include teaching at both undergraduate and
graduate levels, as applicable. Teaching assignments may be on the
main campus or at off-campus sites within our region. Additional
duties may be assigned by supervisor.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed
scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and
Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at
off-campus sites within our region.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we prohibit any form of racism, discrimination,
intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to
preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work
in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with
different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs,
abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations,
socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and
military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide
variety of backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to
do, but because it makes our university stronger. The University
community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive
institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and
future success of the institution.
We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this
position as we believe that our university will grow and move
forward through a commitment to equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Teaches undergraduate-level pre-health professions students
• Performs grading and testing
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited
institution with 18 credit hours in areas credentialed
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution in
Chiropractic Medicine (DC), Physical Therapy (DPT), Osteopathic
Medicine (OD), Allopathic Physician (MD); Ph.D. in a related
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students and the community in a
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.