Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Founded in 1988, Lone Star College-Tomball is the third oldest
college in the LSC system. LSC-Tomball offers a wide range of
academic and workforce programs and is a leading college in the
health sciences. LSC-Tomball is the founding college of the
lifePATH® program, a four-year degree for adults with cognitive
disabilities. LSC-Tomball enjoys a joint library partnership with
Harris County Public Library, and we offer an early college high
school with the Tomball Independent School District.
Location address is 30555 Tomball Parkway, Tomball, TX 77375.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides the initial contact for anyone entering or calling the
Extended Learning Center (ELC). Assists students in scheduling
learning specialist appointments, or in using appropriate
instructional support materials/media and tutoring services. This
position works in a college Extended Learning Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Greets students and library patrons and assists students with
policies and procedures of the ELC and finding resources or using
2. Performs opening and closing duties as directed
3. Monitors the security of the materials and equipment
4. Maintains the cleanliness of computer workstations
5. Refers students who request tutoring to professional or peer
6. Schedules and assists ELC supervisors in giving tours at
beginning of each term
7. Ensures ELC procedures are up to date
8. Monitors student referral log for Early Intervention
9. Schedules ELC meetings each term, with input from ELC
10. Responsible for filing student information, attending
professional development training, assisting with campus wide
events for the ELC and communicating with ELC staff
11. Assists in planning and design for ELC programs and
12. Collects and records data supporting the effectiveness of the
Academic Support Services
13. Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of office practice and procedures
- Working knowledge of personal computers and common office
software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize duties using sound customer service
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is
- Ability to problem solve equipment problems
PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to
perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- May require evening and weekend hours
- High school diploma or GED and at least 1 year of related
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
Hourly Pay Rate is $10.88.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.