Adjunct Faculty, Chemistry
- Joliet Junior College
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 4, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Humanities, Foreign Languages & Literatures, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Other Science & Technology, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Adjunct Faculty, Chemistry
POSITION: Adjunct Faculty, Chemistry
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Natural Science/Physical Education
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Adjunct Faculty
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
PLACEMENT: Placement on salary schedule is dependent on qualifications. t
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Qualifications include education and related work experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive attitude.
Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities; demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open communications. Course assignments may be late afternoon, evening, Saturday, and at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet United Adjuncts Coalition contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach one course in Fundamentals of Chemistry, General Chemistry sequence courses and other chemistry courses as needed within the Natural Science/Physical Education Department.
2. Work closely with other instructors and special programs and services within the college to determine placements, curriculum, and academic support.
3. Be willing to teach online and/or blended courses.
4. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
5. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence
6. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
7. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet United Adjuncts Coalition contract.
1. Master’s Degree in Chemistry or a closely related field is required.
2. One (1) years of teaching experience at the collegiate level.
1. Doctoral Degree in Chemistry, or closely related field is preferred.
2. Experience at the community college level.
3. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
4. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management programs.
5. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
6. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
7. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
Normal classroom and laboratory physical demands.
Classroom and laboratory teaching environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply on-line at http://employment.jjc.edu
PRIORITY CONSIDERATION DATE
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert