Title: Adjunct Instructor – Clinical Nursing
Required Documents Needed to Upload at Time of
· Unofficial Transcripts
Provide guidance, instruction, and
leadership to registered nursing enrolled in the clinical component
of the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program. Assists
with evaluation, scheduling, and advising of students. Demonstrated
ability to communicate and work effectively with college faculty,
staff, students, the general public, program advisory committees,
and other health care professionals. Endorsed with appropriate
credentials of RN licensure in Tennessee, CPR certification for
health care professionals and advanced preparation and experience
in one of following areas: Pediatrics, Obstetrics,
Psychiatric/Mental Health or Adult Acute Care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Instruction and supervision of registered nursing students in
the clinical agency in one of the following nursing areas:
Medical-Surgical, Obstetrics and Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Mental
2. Instruct and supervise R.N. nursing students in the clinical
3. Function under the direction of the course faculty or Dean of
Nursing for the course.
4. Participate in departmental activities associated with the
5. Participate in departmental activities associated with the
6. Participate in departmental activities associated with the
instructional program needs.
7. Communicate clearly with students and colleagues.
8. Work effectively with traditional and non-traditional students
including but not limited to the culturally and ethnically
9. Participate in professional organizations related to nursing and
10. Adapt to changes in the nursing program.
11. Schedule two office hours.
A. RN with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from a regionally
accredited college/university required
B. Three years’ clinical experience required
This posting is not a guarantee
of an open position. Applications for adjunct faculty positions are
accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when
openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a
term-by-term basis, which may include fall, spring and summer.
Postings close yearly on January 31; to maintain your application
within the system, you will need to re-apply each year.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for a
position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line
application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of
experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your
application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute
for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience
is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan,
upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available
at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title
IX/Section 504/ADA employer.
If you have any problems or questions please contact Pellissippi
State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or
by email at email@example.com
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the
top left to apply.