Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting
institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning
which provides a person the opportunity to attain their educational
goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community,
and global needs. We are seeking qualified candidates for Adjunct
The Pool positions are for applicants who are interested in
teaching in the future as an (part-time) adjunct instructor for one
of our departments. The Pools are always open for applications.
However, this does not mean that we have an immediate opening in
The Pools function as a way for department chairs
to view applicant materials in advance of a need, and determine if
the applicant will be approved or not approved to be added to their
pool of eligible applicants. Should a part-time need arise in a
given department, the department chair will look first at the
approved applicants to see if anyone matches our needs, in which
case they may make contact to schedule an interview
The professional tutor performs one-on-one and small group
instruction to assist students and aid student success. These
responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with
Assist students with course work. Mentor and assist peer tutors as
needed. Apply knowledge of discipline to provide one-on-one and
small group instruction to students as assigned. Provide great
customer service. Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated knowledge in the appropriate disciplines.
- Apply knowledge of discipline to provide on-on-one and small
group instruction to students in approved subjects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant successful course work in
discipline, required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and to
initiate work on projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with
computerized systems. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse
backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of
cooperation, and positive reactions to change and conflict
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and
presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate will
to students, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with
a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to mission of
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings, or
weekends, additional hours during peak times or as required.
- Facilitate learning as a guide and coach to assist the student
to become a successful, independent learner.
- Facilitate an increase and enhancement in student mastery of
concepts or applications of a specific course of student as
presented by the course instructor.
- Integrate effective study and learning strategies to maximize
the student’s potential for academic progress.
- Mentor and assist peer tutors as needed.
- Maintain records, as required; assist in maintaining the
professional appearance of the tutoring area including clean up
- Participate in all training sessions, professional development,
- Administrative responsibilities and leadership duties as
requested by supervisor.
- Provides outstanding customer service, anticipating and
exceeding the needs of our students, faculty, & Staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Michigan, United States