Professional Tutor - Writing Center
- St. Louis Community College
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 28, 2022
Title: Professional Tutor - Writing Center
Employee Classification: Part Time Classified/A/P
Department Academic Success & Tutoring
Assist students with writing assignments through one-on-one tutoring sessions in the College Writing Center and online.
Primary Duties Performed:
• Conducting individual tutoring sessions, providing feedback to student writers enrolled in classes ranging from developmental English to Honors English, as well as courses in all academic subject areas and departments offered by Meramec
• Working with students on transfer essays, scholarship essays, resumes, and cover letters
• Helping students improve their writing skills and their ability to identify and correct their own errors
• Demonstrating professionalism in behavior and in communication with students, colleagues, and supervisors
• Working with students whose first language is not English and those students with disabilities that may affect their ability to complete a writing assignment
A bachelor’s degree in the content area of tutoring or a closely related area and over one (1) year of relevant full-time experience.
Minimum 3.0 GPA in related discipline courses.
A successful candidate will have a BA degree in English or related field such as Journalism as well as have experience working with ESL/ELL students along with writing center experience and/or secondary or postsecondary teaching experience. Previous tutoring and/or writing center experience preferred.
starting at $18.90 commensurate on experience and education
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert