The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) is
currently seeking a highly-qualified, experienced, Executive
Administrative Assistant to provide support to senior institutional
leadership. The ideal candidate must be professional, proactive and
able to anticipate the needs of senior leaders. This position is
responsible for providing all aspects of administrative support.
Candidate must be highly proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Individual will be responsible for word processing, budget
tracking, data reporting and creation of presentations. In
addition, the qualified candidate will handle incoming and outbound
phone calls, expense reporting and spreadsheets in support of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Board Support and Liaison (depending on reporting
- Calendar scheduling to include coordinating, scheduling and
updating of calendars across time zones and geographies; work in
collaboration with other administrative assistants across the
vertical to coordinate group meetings.
- Manage domestic and international travel itineraries to include
coordinating travel and lodging arrangements, updating calendars
with travel information and confirming reservations; conduct
research as needed for travel arrangements
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the senior
leader’s office and internal
- Departments, while demonstrating credibility, trust and
- Manage expense reports in PeopleSoft and through manual methods
and submit for reimbursement
- Provide primary support for meetings to include arranging all
meeting logistics including but not limited to preparing agendas,
collecting information, arranging live meetings/interactive
software, video conferences, conference calls, hotel
accommodations, catering, room set up, document preparation,
coordinate offsite meetings and logistics, etc.
- Prepare documents such as spreadsheets and PowerPoint
presentations, create and maintain organizational charts, handle
correspondence, take meeting minutes, and prepare documents as
- Prepare, process and maintain database for special reports
including; invoices, check requests, time off forms, expense
reports, memberships, subscriptions and other needs as
- Establish and maintain an organized system for maintaining
regular and confidential files and records
- Coordinate and develop campus events and functions.
- Anticipate the needs of the institution; assume responsibility
for projects, and make suggestions about current processes and
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering supplies and managing
office equipment requests in relation to maintenance; printers,
copier service calls, and other needs as requested
- Act as the first point of contact for potential students and
guests in the reception area; responsible for dealing with
inquiries on the phone and face-to-face.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a schedule to ensure
proper coverage of the front desk receptionist area across campus
locations; will identify, engage and oversee supplemental workers
for the receptionist function.
Serve as the senior leader’s administrative liaison to USAHS’s
Board of Directors
Assist board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal
planning as needed
Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all
Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in
bylaws regarding board and
board committee matters, including advance distribution of
materials before meetings in
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Senior leadership team member
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a high school diploma, college degree or equivalent
experience preferred. Secondary education or a degree in a business
school, trade school or an associate degree or equivalent
experience highly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 -7 years of administrative support experience,
preferably at the executive level, experience working in higher
education is highly preferred.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through
honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Must possess solid and advanced level skills in MS Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Knowledge of Visio is a
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter who can work both
individually and in a collaborative team environment; have the
ability to handle multiple tasks in a constantly changing
- Strong ability to multitask and handle competing priorities,
solid organizational skills, customer service oriented, ability to
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent
listening and assimilation skills and the ability to thrive in a
- Ability to travel, as required
- Must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national