Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) Classroom Aide
Position Start Date:
Sidwell Friends, a coeducational Quaker day school, seeks classroom
aides for the Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC), located on
its Bethesda, MD campus.
The ECLC is a small facility serving Sidwell Friends faculty and
staff that operates during the hours of 7:15am 4:45pm. The center
currently has an infant room (up to 6 infants) and toddler/twos
room (up to 9 students).
Applicants must meet all State of Maryland requirements for an Aide
(High school diploma or GED required, and at least 1 year
experience preferred). In addition the ideal candidate will:
- Create a warm, loving and safe environment for mobile
- Create an engaging atmosphere and develop meaningful activities
and experiences for toddlers and twos
- Collaborate as a team to further develop our center
- Be able to interact and play with the children at their
- Design activities that are child initiated, and cover physical,
social/emotional, linguistic, and cognitive development
- Communicate with families
- Adhere to CDC/OCC current Covid guidelines
- Contribute to monthly lesson plans that are focused on the
This position is a part time, non-benefits eligible. The work hours
are Monday Friday 7:30am - 1:00pm. Subbing opportunities will be
available as needed.
This position is campus-based; therefore, this position will
require working in person.
Interested candidates should upload their Maryland Individual
Personnel Information Form along with a resume, proof of meeting
the State of Maryland qualifications and three references via our