Provide administrative and specialized office support services for
the Director of DSU Online, as well as other department leaders and
staff. This involves a variety of administrative tasks including
reception, drafting memos, distributing mail, ordering supplies,
tracking budget, supervision of part-time clerical employees, etc.
This position plays an integral part in coordinating activities,
resources, and personnel. Additional information about the
department is found at https://online.dixie.edu
- Support the Director and other staff members with
administrative assistance, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling rooms.
- Arranging food catering for events.
- Tracking budgets and other financial data.
- Placing maintenance requests.
- Taking minutes at meetings.
- Onboarding support of new personnel.
- Assist in screening/routing telephone calls, receiving
messages, and directing faculty, staff, students, and visitors to
the proper offices and resources. Address student and employee
questions related to DSU Online programs and services and direct
admitted students to assigned program mentors.
- Oversee and maintain inventories of technology, equipment, and
- Track and maintain technology license agreements and renewals.
Research and gather information for technology acquisitions and
- Assist Director in maintaining and enhancing online system for
processing and tracking course development agreements and
electronic routing of payment request forms.
- Assist in maintaining accuracy of website and other marketing
- Prepare and track purchase requisitions, personnel action
forms, travel authorizations, purchasing card statements, and other
University forms and processes as needed.
- Under the guidance of the Director, hire, train, and supervise
part-time clerical staff.
- Learn and apply emerging technologies and advances as necessary
to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Associate's degree (or equivalent) required; Bachelor's degree
- At least two years' office experience required; experience
working in higher education and/or administrative support staff
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to learn quickly,
be creative, work independently, set priorities, and meet
- Must be well-organized, able to function well in a changing
environment with a number of programs, as well as be attentive to
- Ability to interact with administrators, faculty, staff, and
students at all levels while in a fast-paced environment, remaining
proactive and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain financial records,
budgets, and various databases.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets,
desktop publishing, library and web-based research, updating and
maintaining websites and social media applications, and email;
Google application experience and learning management system (LMS,
i.e. Canvas) experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated
ability of English grammar, punctuation, and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to perform general office practices and
procedures, including office machines, inventory, purchasing, file
- Excellent customer service and support-oriented skills in
interactions with administrators, faculty, staff, students and
classified staff (overtime-eligible) position. Annual salary of
$33,000 - $35,000, with a desired start date of March 2022.
Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date;
includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness
programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition
waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid
holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See
under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins
February 8, 2022 .
Submit application materials
(including resume contents and contact information for three
professional references) and upload cover letter electronically.
If, because of a disability, you need special services or
facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the
Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Dixie State University (DSU),
soon-to-be-called Utah Tech University starting July 1, 2022, is an
open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution, committed
to exceptional student learning and success that has adopted an
instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a
culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and
staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented
learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911
as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, our
university is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red
rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and
featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational
opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120
miles), with amenities such as an international airport and
professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the
DSU is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education,
with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs,
including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates,
endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. We seek to recruit and
retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas,
possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and
vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive,
comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU
are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs
and activities, including in admissions and employment. DSU does
not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment,
based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status
protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal,
state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel
Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org ,
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification form