- Kentucky State University
- Kentucky, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Engineering, Geology & Earth Sciences, Mathematics, Other Science & Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- TITLE: Adjunct Ecology
DEPARTMENT: School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
REPORTS TO: Chair, School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Adjunct Instructor or Adjunct Professor (non-tenure track) in Ecology, with a minimum qualification of a Master’s Degree, Doctorate degree preferred, (18 credit hours in the specific content area) in the field from an accredited institution, and commitment to teaching undergraduate students preferred.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Teaching Ecology Program courses as defined by the Faculty Handbook.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Duties include but not limited to: teach 1-2 introductory courses in Microbiology in various formats including online, face-to-face, and hybrid modes.
OTHER DUTIES: Perform other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must have a Master’s degree in Ecology/Biology or related field from an accredited institution of higher education at the time of appointment. Demonstrated ability and/or interest in working with a multi-ethnic, multicultural student body.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Experience with teaching in the sciences with a diverse student body.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Applicants must submit a letter
of application including graduate transcript(s), curriculum vitae,
and three current letters of recommendation.
- Master Degree in Ecology/Biology.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- This position requires working in an office and/or classroom setting.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert