Alfred University seeks a Programmer/Analyst for its ITS Department.
The Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of:
- Developing, programming, testing and implementing applications to support Ellucian Banner and other enterprise systems
- This position may provide programming support for web applications as needed
Bachelor's Degree in a job-related field or equivalent combination of training, knowledge and experience.
Additional knowledge and skills needed are as follows:
- a strong understanding of relational databases and associated toolset like Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL.
- experience with Java or another object-oriented language.
- knowledge and experience in software design, development methodologies, testing techniques and analysis skills.
- analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to quickly identify and work with functional users and technical staff to correct problems or develop programming solutions.
- ability to learn new technologies and maintain technical currency.
- time management and multitasking skills with the ability to efficiently distribute effort among various assignments and duties and complete projects with critical deadlines.
A minimum of two to four years work-related skill, knowledge and experience is required.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.