In collaboration with all Alumni Relations & Development
(AR&D) departments, and while reporting to the Senior Director
for Alumni Relations, assists department staff develop and execute
programs, events and initiatives that facilitate the engagement of
Trinity University alumni with their alma mater.
Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements are
an essential requirement of this position, including working all
full-time regular hours as established by the supervisor in
addition to any scheduled or emergency overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are
not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for project and budget management for the Alumni
Relations office which includes a high volume and variety of
events, projects, programs and initiatives coming out of the Alumni
Relations office. Uses project management skills to identify
leadership’s vision and the needs of team members; plans and
defines scope and expectations in collaboration with the Senior
Director; monitors the budget and expenditures within the
department; works collaboratively with event leads and working
backwards from end date to build and manage individual timelines
for execution of events and programs; responsible for resource
planning to include budget and personnel management; monitors and
reports project status; provides strategic influencing; and
facilitates planning meetings.
- Oversees planning and implementation of Alumni
- Evaluates and executes alumni recognition programs including
AAB Alumni Awards, HCADAA Alumni Awards and Alumni Spotlights &
- Responsible for reunion programming, which includes cultivating
and engaging class reunion leadership throughout the year, event
planning and co-leading and co-managing with the director of annual
giving over a hundred volunteers annually.
- With two direct reports, provides leadership with the intent to
bring alignment through the programs in a manner consistent with
the University’s vision for Alumni Relations.
- Represents the Alumni Relations perspective on internal
committees such as the Commencement Committee and the University
- Develops and improves methods, working in conjunction with the
Senior Director for Alumni Relations, to systematically track and
present the outcomes of Alumni Relation events, programs and
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit
of teamwork and collegiality and interacts with confidence,
patience and integrity to provide professional leadership.
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and
- Performs other duties as required.
- All jobs require a current Criminal Background Check
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to travel on behalf of Trinity University.
- Supervise the work of one or more employees.
- Specific and general instruction from supervisor, either
verbally or in writing. Operates independently for most
- Three years of experience working in higher education,
volunteer management or workplace leadership roles.
- Experience in managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Experience with database systems, Microsoft Office Suite
including Excel and some knowledge of presentation software.
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends and
prepared to travel as deemed necessary on behalf of Trinity
- Effective time management skills and ability to work as part of
- Experience with program and people management
- Experience planning and executing multiple events/programs
simultaneously, while being able to function effectively with a
broad range of vendors and colleagues.
- Dedication to and training in working with diverse
- Senior or managerial experience in Alumni Relations.
- Budget management experience.
- Five years of experience working in higher education alumni
- Project management experience, volunteer management experience,
budget management experience, experience with program and people
management responsibilities and/or experience planning and
executing successful events within defined budgetary and
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Word
- Database platforms
- Computer literate with knowledge and ability with word
processing equipment and familiarity with data entry and
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours and
- Outstanding management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong administrative and leadership skills.
- Some knowledge of presentation software.
- Familiarity with iModules.
- Project management skills and experience, including ability to
build and implement project management plans.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Project Manager
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds
- General office environment
- Works in very loud noise
Application Details How to apply
Contact Contact Information
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212