Digital Engagement Officer (DXO) for Annual Giving
Office of Advancement
Duration of Position:
Full year / Full time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a
pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar
College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and
applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members
of historically underrepresented groups are especially
encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free
campus. Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination
policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for
all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar is poised to launch an historic $500 million comprehensive
campaign that will deepen our investment in financial aid and
student life, expand research opportunities for our world-class
faculty, and provide critical support for curricular innovation,
racial justice and community engagement, environmental
sustainability, admissions and career education.
Vassar's dynamic and mission-driven Annual Giving team seeks a
skilled communicator and strong relationship manager to deliver a
high-volume, highly personalized digital engagement and fundraising
program. The successful candidate will play a critical role in
cultivating and growing a pipeline of new donors for our upcoming
campaign and drive ever-increasing rates of annual giving and
participation as a key member of our innovative and ambitious team.
Vassar currently has a remote work policy that some
applicants may find attractive. For more information,
In this specialized fundraising role, the Digital Engagement
Officer for Annual Giving (DXO) will use the
cloud platform to leverage social media
and virtual communications tools to create digital engagement
strategies that cultivate relationships, inspire giving, and build
sustained philanthropic support based on what truly matters to each
donor. Tracking, reporting, and ongoing analysis of results will
drive goal-setting, growth, and performance evaluations for the
The Digital Engagement Manager will work under the supervision of
the Director of Annual Giving and will also meet weekly with and
collaborate closely with our EverTrue Advancement Programs Manager
consultant. Comfort with making personalized solicitations, daily
use of video, phone, and email, and use of multiple databases and
virtual communication technology is critical to success in this
role. We also expect the Digital Engagement Officer to work with a
variety of campus partners as well as with colleagues across the
Office of Advancement on key campaign initiatives.
- Actively manage a portfolio of approximately 1,000 newly
identified annual giving prospects and lapsed donors with capacity
ratings of $25,000 to $100,000.
- Leverage digital technology, including EverTrue's cloud
platform, as well as social media channels and video conferencing
software to build and sustain relationships with managed
- Plan, track, and execute an average of 50 outbound touch points
per day that reflect an appreciation for each donor's professional
and philanthropic interests.
- Proactively monitor engagement and fundraising results to
identify trends and opportunities to optimize success.
- Meet or exceed defined weekly, monthly, and quarterly outreach
goals, with an emphasis on securing a high volume of virtual
meetings with prospective donors throughout the year.
- Meet or exceed annual participation and dollar goals, including
achieving a 90% participation and $750,000 in dollars raised among
managed prospects in year one.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge of Vassar's history, campaign
goals, and current institutional priorities, as well as
alumni-engagement activities, volunteer opportunities, and
- Build relationships with key faculty and administrative
partners, as well as with Advancement colleagues, in order to
facilitate stronger alumni connections with the college's programs,
personnel, and priorities, as needed.
- Actively participate in ongoing professional development that
advances the Vassar community's commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion and belonging.
- Partner with Advancement colleagues on outreach and follow-up
for alumni events and campus programs, as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience required.
- Previous work experience in higher education preferred.
- Passion for fundraising in support of access to higher
education and the value of the liberal arts.
- A genuine interest in and respect for people with diverse
backgrounds and interests, and an appreciation for the personal
experiences that inspire individual philanthropy.
- A drive to share learning and help others to succeed.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work across multiple
cloud-based platforms and databases in a fast-paced
- High degree of grit, resilience, and a relentless “can-do”
attitude when presented with challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
skills across mediums, especially email, video, and video
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as the
ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong work ethic with a desire to become a leader in the
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and
interact professionally within a complex organization.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2427.