Assistant Professor of Athletic Training
The Division of Health and Human Performance at Alfred University invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Athletic Training beginning August 2020. The successful candidate will have expertise in athletic training and will be able to develop courses within their area of expertise to expand opportunities for students.
- Teaching assignments include, butare not limited to the following: Orthopedic Assessment, Evidence-based Research Design and Administrative Aspects of Health Professions.
- Program responsibilities include assessment, development and evaluation of knowledge, skills and clinical abilities.
- In addition to teaching, faculty responsibilities include
student advising and
service to university committees. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a plan for their scholarship agenda.
- An earned Doctorate in Exercise Science, Sports Medicine or closely related field.
- ABD considered with PhD or EdD completed by August 2020.
- BOC and NYS certified.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching at the university
- Experience teaching at a four year institution ACSM, NSCA or
other related certifications.
- Familiar with CAATE standards.
Three letters of professtional recommendation should be sent to email@example.com.
Founded in 1836 and nestled in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains and the Finger Lakes wine region in western New York State, Alfred University is a small, comprehensive private university with a long-standing tradition of excellence in Liberal Arts and inclusive practices. The Athletic Training Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
The Alfred University undergraduate Athletic Training Program is in the process of transitioning to a Master's degree. The individual hired for this position will be given the opportunity to make significant contributions to the development of a growing program.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.