About the Role:
The Director of Strategic Data and Evaluation provides
administrative direction to formative and summative evaluation
studies regarding the effectiveness of the instructional programs
and educational projects from both qualitative and quantitative
- Directs the reviews of professional literature on educational
research and reports the results of studies of evaluative data and
research to District leaders.
- Supervises the planning, design, and completion of District
formative and summative program evaluations and U.S. Department of
Education-mandated program evaluations.
- Directs and guides schools and offices in the establishment and
the development of processes for conducting local evaluations
tailored to their evaluation needs.
- Works with senior District staff to identify evaluation needs
and identifies and coordinates the methods, processes, and
analysis, and implementation of research studies conducted within
- Liaises with analytic partners and external research
organizations who contract with the District to conduct research
and evaluations to ensure the individually identifiable data and
privacy policies are followed and to determine the potential
incorporation of research findings into District programs.
- Liaises with various District departments in relation to
ongoing and developing evaluation studies of various programs and
the generation of reports to the State and federal agencies.
- Prepares Board reports of program evaluation findings.
- Develops and controls the Branch’s budget, supervises the
staff, and evaluates the Branch’s operational needs.
Five years of successful full-time professional experience
including supervisory or management experience in a research and/or
educational setting. Management experience in a large public school
system or institution of higher learning in the field of research,
management or evaluation is highly preferable.
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a
graduate degree in educational research or related field and at
least twelve semester units or equivalent in test and measurements,
statistics, or research methods. An Ed.D or Ph.D degree is highly
A valid California driver license and the availability of
private transportation, or the ability to utilize an alternative
method of transportation
Salary: $121,900-$151,000 annually
- Paid medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for employee and
- Eligible for membership in the California Public Employee
Retirement System (CalPERS)
- 24 days each year
- 12 paid holidays
- A generous sick time policy/hours
- Plus more!