University of La Verne
Director, Treasury Operations
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director for Treasury
Operations manages and executes functions including cash and
financial forecasting, operating cash investments, liquidity, cash
inflows and outflows, banking and financial institutions
relationships, endowment, debt portfolio and financial risk
management related to the University's financial activities.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit
university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The
core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and
Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic
Engagement. If you're passionate about these values,
join us at the University of La Verne!
- Oversight of the following portfolios: endowment (`$150
Million), operating cash (`$100 Million), annuities and trusts (~$3
Million), and student loan funds (~$3 million). Ensure that the
University complies with the Investment Policy, Operating Cash
Policy, and other financial policies and procedures. Develop
strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguards assets and
- Overview and Maintenance of all bank and investment accounts
and the relationships with the various financial institutions and
- Provide updates/communicate about 1) the performance of the
endowment, operating cash, annuities and trusts, as well as other
financial assets; 2) compliance with investment policies;
- investment manager and advisor performance; 4) financial and/or
industry-related regulatory changes; 5) Advise the Board and
Management on the liquidity aspects of long and short term
- Manage and execute functions related to cash liquidity, bank,
custodian, brokerage management, investment management, endowment
- Administer Wells Fargo Bank CEO Portal, which requires set-up
of all users (employees & students who require banking
information, reports, or P-Card access - over 150 users), program
access, limits, and general University settings.
- Develop financial models for investment, cash flow projections
(sources and uses of cash), and other financial/treasury-related
reports as needed for financial decisions and positions, such as
budget modeling and analysis. Forecast cash flow positions, related
borrowing needs, and available funds for investments. Ensure
sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and
capital investment cash liquidity needs.
- Develop complex financial reports and presentations, design and
run ad hoc reports, and prepare or review complex transactions to
support the stewardship of university resources.
- Participate in reviewing, managing, planning the University’s
debt service and bond programs, issuance of new debt, managing the
proceeds and bond compliance.
- Oversee the completion, review, and approval of all investment
- Responsible for completing and submitting data for numerous
financial surveys and reporting the results to various internal and
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Certificates: CTP or CFA certification not required but
- Required Minimum Experience:
- Progressively responsible experience in treasury, finance or a
related field. Thorough understanding of investments and bank
- Higher Education experience preferred in a treasury,
accounting, finance or related role.
- Exposure to and familiarity with investments and
- Required Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to exercise a high degree of accurate and independent
judgment, tact and discretion, and strong analytical skills in
evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
and the ability to work with a broad constituency and develop
effective working relationships with University administration,
Trustees, faculty, staff and students.
- Knowledge of financial and treasury principles is
- Demonstrated organizational, communication (oral/written) &
operational management skills.
- Working knowledge of pooled endowments, including unitization,
spending policies, asset allocations, funding transfers, and
endowment financial reporting requirements.
- Advanced skill and knowledge of Microsoft Office software,
especially Excel, and adept at using macros, creating charts and
La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a
distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse
population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a
commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and
professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit
university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of
Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education,
and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate
and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for
working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles
east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a
city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of
the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional
campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in
Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie
Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values
are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs,
its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal
support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the
diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its
nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S.
Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic
Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university
fulfills a critical community function in educating students from
underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in
their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis
prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires
and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is
consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a
or sexual orientation