College invites applications for a nine-month, tenure-track
position at the assistant professor rank in the Department of
Instructional Design and Technology to begin in Fall 2022. Salary
is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Emporia State
is CAEP accredited and nationally recognized for excellence in
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaching online and in-person undergraduate courses to
education majors such as Instructional Technology for Educators and
graduate courses in Instructional Design, Designing and Developing
Web-based Instruction, Multimedia Design and Development, Project
Management, Issues in Distance Education, and other IDT related
- Reviewing and revising curriculum materials, course syllabi and
instructional assignments to keep students apprised of current
practical and theoretical research.
- Engaging in scholarly research on topics of expertise via
publication (scholarly journals and academic presentations) and
- Engaging in service to the profession, university, college, and
department, including, but not limited to serving and/or leadership
on committees, program coordination, and student recruitment and
- Serving as the M.S. in Instructional Design and Technology
Program Coordinator. The program coordinator is responsible for
program assessment, preparation of assessment reports, student
recruitment and admissions, curriculum changes, and initiatives in
promoting student success, retention, and degree completion.
- Opportunities for summer teaching depend upon the number of
students enrolled in summer course offerings.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- An earned doctorate in instructional design and technology, or
a closely related field (PhD/EdD students at the dissertation level
will be considered).
- Prior experience teaching undergraduate and graduate
- Experience with the use of technology in K-12 teaching,
including project-based learning, universal design for learning,
and personalized learning.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology and technology-based
innovated delivery systems
- Experience in web-based and multimedia course creation and
- Experience with project management
- The ability to keep up-to-date with new and emerging
- Demonstrated the use of technology for teaching and learning in
a post-pandemic world.
- K-12 teaching experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience
obtaining external funding; instructional design and technology
experience in higher education, military, healthcare, and/or other
public and private industry; and expertise in one or more of the
following areas: universal design for learning, personalized
learning, simulation technology, artificial intelligence, robotics,
as well as app and multimedia development.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a commitment
to diversity and inclusion and support of the
Emporia State University Diversity and Inclusion
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover
letter; a curriculum vitae; unofficial transcripts; and the name,
title, phone number, mailing address, and email address of at least
three references at https://bit.ly/3KFJjFB. Review of
applications will begin on February 15, 2022 and continue until the
position is filled. Background check required.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity,
gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors
which cannot be considered by law. www.emporia.edu