The Assistant Director will oversee several operational processes,
assist in developing and updating policies and system enhancements,
and provide support related to the delivery of financial aid to
Elmhurst University students. The position will ensure regulatory
compliance of all federal, state, and institutional financial aid
programs. The Assistant Director will work directly with the
Information Services office as needed and provide support to the
staff in Financial Aid. The position will be responsible for
regular reporting, data analysis, and training for staff regarding
system changes and upgrades. The Assistant Director will manage
batch processes that support the SFS office. Flexible work
arrangements such as remote work will be considered.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of current federal and
state financial aid regulations.
- Responsible for regulatory oversight and prevention of
noncompliance related to financial aid.
- Assists with maintaining core financial aid processes and
annual setup within Colleague.
- Assists with batch processing related to awarding, budgeting,
and other processes.
- Develops and maintains essential reporting to support financial
- Works with Director/Assoc. Director on creating, revising, and
applying policies and procedures.
- Assists Director with audits, surveys, and other data
collection and evaluation as needed.
- Reviews and updates financial aid communication content for the
- Performs ongoing statistical analysis of financial aid programs
- Addresses technical needs of the financial aid staff and
provides training as needed.
- Works closely with staff to identify risk and prioritize areas
- Assists with the regular reviewing and updating of the
financial aid website content.
- Attends trainings and conferences in key areas and maintains an
understanding of trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial aid
- Colleague experience strongly preferred.
- Informer or other reporting experience preferred.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazine’s consistently
rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
Direct Link to this Posting