Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution
of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students
have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees,
certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many
of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while
others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent
of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment,
strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses
look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers
skilled and their companies competitive.
Corporate Solutions provides credit and noncredit education to
businesses, organizations, and individuals wishing to enhance their
skillset and meet educational goals. We offer a comprehensive menu
of high quality continuing education and career-training programs
brought to you by our expert faculty and staff. Corporate Solutions
delivers programming through the following business lines:
Continuing Education and Career Training, Contract Training,
Corporate College, Small Business Training - Center for Small
Business & Power Up Your Business, and Workforce Testing.
Corporate Solutions is seeking skilled practitioners to facilitate
training trades and advanced manufacturing in the following topics:
Workplace Success/CAST preparation; Properties of Natural Gas;
Abnormal Operating Conditions of Natural Gas; Locating &
Markout; Pipe Installation; Excavating & Backfilling a Pipe;
Installing & Replacing Trace Wire; and more.
Classes are during the daytime hours. This position pays a
competitive hourly rate.
• Facilitate training segments within the Gas Pipeline certificate
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping
the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission,
vision, and values.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further
learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to
support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate
positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work
with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and
individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate
an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's
faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus.
Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate
the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in
field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student
success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and
context of students and advocates for their learning and
• High-School diploma.
• 5 years of experience in the electric and gas utility industry,
preferably working knowledge of power engineering, infrastructure
planning and technical functions as they pertain to the gas
• Nationally recognized industry certification, which verifies all
prerequisite training and validates an awareness of natural gas
• 7 to 10 years working experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 2 professional training or
consulting references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of
background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child
Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages
applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented
Salary Grade or Rank