Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
A.J. Drexel Nanomaterials Institute ( http://nano.materials.drexel.edu
) is seeking a post-doctoral associate to work on a research
project on the mechanistic understanding of the MXene-based
electrochemical energy storage process.
This position requires a strong experimentalist with demonstrated
experience in supercapacitor materials synthesis and
electrochemical characterizations. The selected candidate should
have a background in electrochemistry and material sciences.
Experiences of in-situ X-ray / neutron-based / atomic force
microscopy studies on the electrochemical energy storage process
would be a plus.
Applicants must complete all degree requirements before starting
This appointment is offered for one year with the possibility of an
extension of up to 3 years.
- The research will involve synthesis and chemical modification
of two-dimensional transition metal carbides and nitrides
- Other duties include but are not limited to writing reports and
managing the research project.
- supervise graduate and undergraduate students
- Presentations at national/international meetings and
publication of scientific results in high-profile peer-reviewed
journals are expected.
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Participate creatively in refining program directions
- The candidate must have good oral and written communication
skills and be able to interact effectively with a broad range of
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in materials science, chemistry,
or a closely related field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years od directly related experience is
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Jan 21 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Feb 28 2022 Eastern Standard Time