Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Talent Acquisition Consultant is responsible for delivering
end-to-end recruitment solutions throughout the organization. This
Consultant will partner with clients to develop, implement, and
measure strategic recruitment plans, enforcing HR processes and
procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiency,
effectiveness and alignment with the university policies, goals,
and deliverables. The recruitment efforts will be achieved through
the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing
traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing
new, creative recruiting methods. The Consultant will play a
critical role in ensuring Drexel is hiring the best available
talent by using fair and equitable hiring practices. The successful
Consultant will have strong client service, project management,
negotiation, and problem-solving skills. In addition, they will
enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic culture that includes a collaborative
- Develop and execute end-to-end recruitment solutions focusing
on vacant positions within client groups. Actively participate in
initial applicant reviews, screening, interview process and
candidate follow-up, creating a positive candidate experience.
Provide quality customer service in high volume searches with
prompt and timely turn around.
- Lead recruitment efforts for all job categories (professional
staff, faculty, adjunct, temporary/per diem/casual), internal and
external candidates, and external staffing agencies. Efficiently
and effectively assist with filling open positions, with reasonable
timeframe to fill.
- Partner with hiring managers and search committees to lead the
creation of a recruitment and advertising plan for each open
position. Assist hiring manager with drafting pre-screening and
- Develop and implement appropriate sourcing strategies, post
external advertisements with professional organizations and other
position appropriate venues while adhering to inclusiveness
initiatives. Utilize social media and professional networking sites
to identify and source candidates.
- Responsible for onboarding new hires through issuing offer
letters, new hire forms, and welcoming new employees. Assist
clients in writing response letters, performing reference and
background checks, making verbal offers, negotiating with
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the
effectiveness of recruitment plans and customize based on
- Review and edit job descriptions to ensure consistency within
client areas as well as throughout the university.
- Initiate, manage, and participate in recruitment projects,
including but not limited to, updating hiring guides, train, and
onboard clients, create trainings and presentations and navigate
- Coordinate and implement recruiting initiatives, concentrating
on diversity, compliance, and employment law, as well as
organization and department needs.
- Develop talent pools for positions available University-wide.
Proactively identify candidate pools of qualified candidates for
high turnover positions.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish
rapport and attend department meetings or regularly scheduled
- Develop a full understanding of recruitment process and
onboarding, cross-functioning into other HR functions such as
Benefits, Compensation, HRIS, HR Compliance, etc.
- Recordkeeper for each position search, maintaining all search
materials, interview questions, and interview notes.
- Partner with the Tax office and the Office of International
Students & Scholar Services (ISSS) on the hiring of foreign
nationals to ensure compliance with all applicable federal laws and
Drexel University policy.
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable state and federal
employment laws and governmental compliance requirements.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships,
colleagues and colleague resource groups.
- Participate regularly in workforce development career services
efforts with the intent to develop and create opportunity for the
- Attend professional development opportunities through Drexel
University, webinars, locally held seminars and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3 years of talent acquisition or recruitment
experience required, preferably a combination of working in a
recruitment firm as well as corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing recruitment
plans and leading interview processes
- Creativity in networking and sourcing applicants, building
relationships with internal and external candidates for possible
- Proven excellent customer support skills with demonstrated
evidence of strong business acumen including the ability to
understand the needs of the organization and adjust HR services in
accordance with those business needs and requirements
- Ability to deal with rapid change and ambiguity
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships and the
demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of
- Strong presentation skills and presence
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to negotiate and
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a strong
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
Remote/University City - Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Mar 2 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Apr 2 2022 Eastern Daylight Time