The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
Perform bursar tasks, assist in processing changes requested by
students, supply purchases, petty cash management, and general
record keeping duties under the direction of the Finance Manager.
Includes all or part of the essential functions below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Petty Cash and Supplies Ordering
- Manage Petty cash – manage request for and disbursement of
petty cash, collection of expense receipts, maintain record of use
of petty cash by department and account number and communicate with
Corp Accounting for expense booking
- Manage office supply ordering for the campus
- Allocate office supplies expense to department and post cost
allocation to Corporate Accounting for booking
- Provide receipts to students for payments – Scan, save and
process Call-in credit card payments, walk-in payments, FSA,
- Provide document behind receipting for Corporate Accounting to
- Post transactions to Jenzabar
- Analyze AR Reports to identify and assist with collecting on
student past due balances
- Assist with ensuring billing statements go out timely and
accurately and are aligned with pre-determined dates as outlined on
the academic calendar
- Assist students with payment plans, refund, bursar hold and
- AR collections – weekly management, initiate and confirm
- Tuition & fee assessment – record and process schedule
changes as approved by Registrar, calculate any refund or tuition
changes, share changes with Financial Aid
- Tuition & fee assessment – record and process post
professional changes (see above)
- Fee assessment – record and process miscellaneous fees
- Refund /returns – record and process miscellaneous
returns/refunds due to drop/withdrawal, return of lender funds,
credit card credit, AP to HigherOne,
- Refund/returns – Process Funds on Hold, CPE Seminar
- Support the Bursar team by ensuring superior data quality '
work with counterparts in the organization to resolve data
Project support – as required
- Under the Direction of the Finance Manager, Executive Director
of Finance, or CFO, assists with audit and other reporting
requirement preparation and data entry.
- Coordinates closely with Registrar, Bursar, Finance, Financial
Aid, and other departments assisting with other accounting related
- Support on 90/10 reporting
- Back up of Accounting Associate/Accountant for PO handing
Gear store Inventory management- Complete month end report and work
with office supply coordinator to assure the school has sufficient
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Bursar Team Lead
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in
accounting or related field with an accounting certificate
preferred or minimum of 3 years applicable accounting
- Experience in an academic or educational setting preferred
- Previous computer experience with intermediate to advance
knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Self-motivated, team player, work well with all levels of
- Ability to organize and work on multiple projects.
- Proven analytical thinking ability.
Minimal travel required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national