About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University’s
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
The Flight Operations Department at our Daytona Beach Campus is
currently accepting applications for a Flight Dispatcher/Customer
This position is responsible for several support functions
associated with flight course activities, including dispatching,
data collection, flight following, customer service and controlling
the flow of fleet aircraft for maintenance both scheduled and
unscheduled, as well as line service and ramp security. (Work shift
to be determined)
- Operate the interface between flight dispatching and the
control of aircraft maintenance to maximize aircraft
- Collect and accurately record data from flight activities and
oral room assignments to insure proper billing and to facilitate
scheduling of fleet maintenance daily.
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction and maintain a
department image appropriate to ERAU as the leader in Aviation
- Assist in insuring the inspection programs are complied with
and repairs are properly documented before aircraft are
- Assist in flight following of all ERAU aircraft while engaged
in flight to insure all aircraft can be accounted for at any given
time and to help coordinate the logistics for aircraft problems
away from home base.
- Provide training and coordinate the activities of the Student
Employee labor force supporting flight operations and customer
- Perform scheduling operation after normal scheduling
- Maintain hardware on ramp to ensure aircraft security. Conduct
ramp inspections to remove foreign object debris.
- Drive company van and golf cart transport
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years’ customer service background preferred.
- Two years’ flight operations experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must pass university background check
- Must pass background check for airport security
- Must meet the University’s standards for approved drivers.
Unacceptable driving records (as stated in the Use of Equipment and
Vehicles Procedure 1.17) include the following (for three years
from the date of each occurrence): More than 3 moving violations
and/or accidents in 3 years and/or more than 2 moving violations
and/or accidents in any 1 year.